Did you know that you can also Manuka honey on your hair?
If you, like us, have been sold on using Manuka honey as part of your daily skincare routine, then congratulations. But, while it’s been proven to be useful for our face and, in general, skin, did you know that you can also Manuka honey on your hair?
Yes. It’s true. Manuka honey makes for an excellent natural DIY hair mask that you can make at home.
The main reason for this is because Manuka honey is a natural humectant. This means that it can attract and retain moisture. Because it traps the moisture into your hair, using this kind of honey regularly as a mask can help transform your hair from dull and dry to smooth and moisturized.
Here are 3 types of Manuka Honey hair masks that you can prepare at home.
1. Manuka Honey and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Manuka honey is a natural humectant, and so coconut oil is a natural moisturizer.
Put two and two together and you’ve got an excellent hair mask that you can use to improve an itchy and/or dry scalp.
How to prepare:
- Start by mixing equal parts of Manuka Honey and coconut oil inside a huge microwaveable bowl. Try to estimate the amount you put based on how long and thick your hair is. Something that we’d recommend you try is to start with around half a cup each. This way, you can just adjust and add more in case it’s not enough.
- Once the two have been mixed, put it inside the microwave. Try not to overheat it. Start with two minutes and see if it’s enough to turn the mixture into a runny paste. If it’s not, add a minute more or two.
- Leave the mixture to cool for a few minutes and once it’s had enough time, apply a generous amount to your hair. We’ve found that the best way to do this is to start from the ends of your hair and slowly work your way up to the scalp.
- Let the mixture work for at least 30 minutes. We’ve seen the best results by letting it sit for an hour before washing it off.
- Wash the mixture off of your hair thoroughly using just water. Make sure that you’ve removed most if not all of it first before you wash your hair again using your preferred shampoo and conditioner.
2. Manuka Honey, Avocado, and Olive Oil Hair Mask
When it comes to superfood, Avocado is right up there among the best of them. It’s got plenty of healthy fat on top of vital nutrients. Add in Olive Oil for some supreme moisturizing properties and you’ve got a hair mask that will leave your hair feeling silky and smooth like you’re having it treated professionally every day.
2 tablespoons Manuka Honey
3 Tablespoons good quality Olive Oil
1 ripe, soft Avocado
How to prepare:
- Mix Manuka Honey (2 tablespoons), Olive Oil (3 tablespoons), and a ripe Avocado (1 piece) inside a bowl and combine it until you achieve a consistent paste texture.
- Just like what we’ve mentioned earlier, apply this to your hair by starting at the ends and slowly work your way up to your scalp.
- Let the mixture relax on your hair for an hour for the best results.
- Afterward, wash your hair thoroughly with water to remove the mixture. Then, follow it up with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
3. Manuka Honey and Egg Yolk Hair Mask
Egg yolks have been used as a home remedy for dry hair for years. This is because of the many nutrients egg contains. This includes everything from biotin and folate, as well as Vitamins A and E.
Mix this with Manuka Honey to make your hair shine and glow.
How to prepare:
- Get a bowl and whisk together the Egg Yolk (1 or 2 pieces) and Manuka Honey (1/4 cup) until the mixture turns creamy and smooth.
- Once again, apply this mixture to your hair by starting from the ends and work your way until you reach your scalp.
- Let your hair rest and relax for a good hour, or, at least, 30 minutes.
- Once done, rinse the mixture off of your hair using running water and then wash it using shampoo and conditioner.
As you can see, it doesn’t matter if you want your hair to be shiny, smooth, or moisturized.
Using a Manuka Honey, along with a couple of ingredients, to create a hair mask can help you achieve the hair you’ve always wanted.
Just don’t forget to do this regularly. We’ve seen a lot of people do it once or twice and expect the effects to last. That’s not how it works.
Trust us. We are the “a lot of people”.